Friday, October 3, 2008

ALOT OF MONKEY BUSINESS GOING ON

Okay, maybe tomorrow we can post the picture of me with a monkey in our backyard, just to remind you I am not in America anymmore (in case the carjacking didn't do the job). This blog, I am writing for prayers as it has been the end of a long week.
We are moving forward on so many things:
Facillitor checking on the caregivers patients
Social Worker with the Orphan Boys (but we did get to take them shopping)
Next Week, we start feeding scheme for TB patients.
need to take a few to the clinic, and help another orphan family of girls.
Anyway, today I woke up l:00 am with a horrible tooth ache. bottom line I had a root canal, and need two crowns to the tune of $1,000 for it all and on several antibiotics as the infection was bad.(pray no reaction)...I know $l,000 isn't bad for all that,
but on top of the car needing rekeying I have to pay the excess of $3800, about $450, and glasses will have to wait. I know God is able and will, it just is alot of stuff to deal with as we are trying to launch so much.

I realized the enemy was wearing me down through no sleep. I hope to get rested and have some wonderful time with Him tomorrow and NOT leave the house. Please keep brooke and I in your prayers as we take a step forward and get slammed back again.

I knew I had reached a new low, when I had to rejoice that I was alive to feel the pain in my tooth. The monkey in our yard, gave us a bit of distraction this afternoon as well. It was symbolic to us, that there had been alot of monkey business going on this week and we were over it, ready to move forward and overcome the hinderences and the robber of our joy.

Thanking God it is Friday and ready for those mercies...those new mercies that come every morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dearest Penny,
You are such a blessing to me. I am always amazed with your ability to adapt to wherever God sends you. Thank you for loving the people in Africa and in America that most people would rather forget. Thank you for enduring the hardships you do. I enjoy your stories. Will you be back to the United States in February? I will keep you and Brooke and the people you work with in my prayer.
Your sister in Christ,
Cheri Litzenberger