Thursday, October 9, 2008

THE SHACK.....AGAIN.

It has been a long day, and I won't write much. In fact I think I will blog in the form of a prayer and ask you all to agree with me as I need to ask Papa for some help!!!! This has shaken Brooke and Myself and Prince. You see....the board of Ukukhanya says we should get 3 rooms ready and cut doors through to each other. Put a bed in the middle one and the rooms on either side would have a bed for our first hospice patients. Well....today we got a tip of someone, and we followed up on the one we got yesterday. Not just weary families, or poverty....today we found a man locked in his tin shack, it was quite warm...and he was laying not on the bed but on the floor, covered in feces and urine, his legs stiff, his extremities freezing, and his flesh rotting. Not only did he have bed sores, but his foot was black up the leg and the big toe was almost rotted off, someone said he had maggots, for sure he had gangrene....once at the hospital we received a call that they can't amputate due to his other health conditions, so sending home. We prayed, he is still in, the daughter is making arrangements to deal with him so he doesn't go back to the abusive wife, who isn't her mom, but drinks up the pension and leaves him to rot. MERCY, MERCY, MERCY.

Dear Lord,

I need to pour out my heart and tell you I don't understand a place, where the hospitals (and I know they are overwhelmed with the need), can not attend to someone and the whole five hours our team was there he didn't get cleaned up. I don't get it, a dog would be treated better and more humanely than this dear man, made in your image. I pray for him and the woman who neglected him, I pray for the hospital staff, and all the family that is just finding out his living conditions. I cry for Grace and Mercy to prevail for all of us.

Lord, I come to you and say, this is so much bigger than we are, Orphans yesterday and this man today. Help us to help them. I pray for funding, the ability to hire help enough to sustain these two sick rooms we are feeling led to open. Lord we need to hire some staff 24/7 to care for these ones. You said our Project would create jobs for people, I ask you continue to bring in the laborers and the funding to pay them something. Why have you asked me with no admin skills and definately not a nurse.

Brooke too feels stretched as I am sure Prince and our team from Good News, thank you for each that helped on this side and those that have given on that side. Your kingdom come through us, your will be done. If the shack represents our hearts, mine is breaking and I believe it is the same thing that breaks yours. People too busy to care, to afraid to be involved, I am not judging Lord, but the hospitals and clinics have too much to handle, I can see they have to take each case as it comes before them. But Lord the need is so great!

you said, we had the answer....it is YOU!!! Lord help us show it, be it and give it...this answer that is you. We go to bed tonight asking that you be with this man in his hour of need, your word says you will wipe away every tear. Reveal yourself to him and his daughter. Let your glory shine in the midst of his suffering. Please take his pain, and comfort them that mourn.
You are great....and I know you see and know the need. We are asking You to move, give us wisdom and more grace. For your word says "YOUR GRACE IS SUFFICIENT." We need a hospice Lord and I believe the time is NOW.

Amen

No comments: